Sunday, March 27, 2011

General thoughts at this stage

Just thinking randomly at the moment - it is strange looking at this group assignment, I have an underlying sense of urgency but am unsure why. Maybe because I would be looking at this myself and planning the different components but with group members there are others to consider and making decisions together. Skype is interesting and it is good to be able to talk but there were only 3 of us last week doing the Skype session so I am wondering if an extra person in the group trying to talk makes a difference. I can understand how chat can possibly be more effective as you have to take time to read then have time to comment and can have a written log immediately. I am still struggling with the concept of leadership, not with the relating it to my role, I can see that in every article I read, but in the relationship with principals to get this rolling so to speak. I think I have to try to instigate some of these myself and then present this to the staff and hopefully work my way from the back to the front, get the teachers on board so the principal comes too. might work, might not but it is worth a shot, but where to start? I think I have to do what some of the articles are looking at, make a vision/mission and work from there, what do I see as the preferred future, work out the goals, look at the path and the possible barriers, look at the steps to achieve this and off I go....

Now just to find the time to do all these wonderful things. I would love the time to go back over my subjects and the resources and points that were in them and work through some of them too - I might have to do a vision of having a vision/mission I think, use all my subjects so far to help formulate it. Oh well back to readings..

No comments:

Post a Comment