Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Professional Standards

I was just reading over the TL standards from ASLA/ALIA last night in bed and thought how my views on them had changed. The first time I truly read them slowly and thought about them I thought to myself, 'how does anyone get to this standard?', 'these are impossible standards to meet' and so forth. But last night I thought, what great points to try and meet, I would love to work more diligently towards these standards and attain the level of professional excellence set before me. And I thought, I can do this, it is not instantaneous, just like setting up an ILSC or a Collaborative partnership it is something that takes time and whether I work on one standard, or set of standards, or work across the board on them I know it is something I can strive for. It also allows me to have this framework to base my thoughts to future jobs, as I can use these to guide me to where I would like to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment