Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Assignment 2 continued....

I have moved over to the outline for strategic planning process (Balnaves, p. 86) just because at this stage it looks a little simpler to begin with and gather my thoughts as to where I want to go. The guidelines have helped clarify the points I want to focus on and now I want to look at the preparing for a cycle of planning.
Design the process and calendar
Well for starters as it is for the assignment I am looking at a 3 year vision
some of the components have to be achieved before I can do others e.g. Information literacy document - this needs to be completed so I can use it as the impetus to further collaborations with teachers to actually be fully involved in team teaching and assessment. I feel with this document I can achieve a basis to indicate what I fully can do in line with what has to be achieved. And having a year to year document for each grade will clarify for teachers what needs to be achieved.

So the first part of the process is to work on the document - I think this will take a year to develop if not longer, during this time I want to discuss it further with my princpal - what I do need to be aware of is the issues facing the staff at the moment - that is the DLP and ACARA. This is also what I have to push with the staff - the link this will have with ACARA and how I can be helping assess through the DLP.

From the information literacy document and keeping the principal and staff informed as it starts to develop I want to start to model how I could collaborate looking at the document and using units of work that may have been done or are being looked at. This collaboration process will take another 2 years at least to build upon. At this time there would need to be a look at my time and its use within the school as this limits the number of teachers I can work with during this time and maintain a functioning library.  This process really focuses on leading from the middle and working towards a 21C information literate student. We have a number of computers in the library already, I would like to see these pushed to a bank of laptops and an IWB installed - this is on my plan for the next 3 years too - through pushing it in my budget, using and demonstrating aspects of use with staff and students.

Part of this component will also require resourcing - as such more digital and 21C technological devices are required. Such things as flip cameras perhaps, podcast capabilities - whether sourcing free and also looking at requirements of computers.

Another aspect I am looking at is readers and the best way to resource them now and into the future, this is an important aspect of learning and supporting reading is vital in today's society with the move to more technological devices and different forms of reading - so I would be looking at considering e-book readers perhaps and their use in the reading program, whether we can look at it for the guided reading or  can it be utilised in the take-home reading or does this link in with promotion of literacy within the library. With this in mind - I am looking at focusing on some key events through the year and promoting them avidly throughout the community, after the first year this would then expand into maybe looking at providing activities out of hours/workshops for parents etc. Then in the 3rd year making sure this is running through the entire school.

Lots of ideas at the moment and I have to consider them against the criteria and the assignment task to make sure they match. Oh well enough for the moment - I will have to print this out so I have the ideas when I am working on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment